TGIF has a whole new meaning in Egypt. I have been exhausted since we've arrived in Alexandria and Friday, being the Muslim holy day, promises to be one day off. Regardless of the break, my body still woke me up at 9:00 so now I am trying to be as quiet as possible in the apartment. I really envy that Jake can sleep past eleven. Moataz,
We went to a restaurant near the sea called Grand Cafe. We met three of his Americans friends, and then later other Egyptians. The Americans are all getting TEFL certified, something I don't know if I will still want to do after the first class I taught. Ryan, who studied in Jordan last semester had a tonsil infection that put Rachel's swollen gland to shame. The three or four hours we sat there was a nice contrast to the six hours I spent lesson planning - and not even finishing my lessons.
Sunday we start teaching adult classes as well -- two two hour classes. Tomorrow, I am going to settle with a cup of NesCafe 3in1 and start preparing. However, today is Friday, and I am going to enjoy the one day off.
1 comment:
Im loving the blog updates! Dont get too discouraged with the classes, things will get easier, I have faith in you!
Kristen
Post a Comment